Monday, March 2, 2015

News Experiment-Marcus Irving


For the young I interviewed a couple of friends of mine, Michael Mikkelson and Jacob Brim.
For old I interviewed my mom, Freda Irving, and my grandma, Barbara Irving.

Michael Mikkelson
1. Q. How do you get your news? A. I have a subscription to the Des Moines Register, I occasionally watch morning news and I use a few websites.
2. Q. Who's doing it right in the news? A. Al Jazeera. I also like the BBC, more world news because they aren't always as politically focused.
3. Q. How do you take your coffee? A. Lots of Irish Cream.
4. Q. What's the best thing you did this week? A. I mean, I got an 'A' on a math quiz, I guess. Oh, hanging out with you guys, say that.
5. Q. What is the first news event that you can remember? A. Princess Diana.
6. Q. What do you hate about the news? A. I hate all the fear-mongering. It feels like a race for ratings.
7. Q. Favorite podcast to listen to while doing chores or homework? A. I don't usually listen to podcasts while I do homework, but if I had to I'd say All Songs Considered on NPR because it's music.
8. Q. Favorite TV show? A. Seinfeld
9. Q. Who is your favorite news personality and why? A. Jon Stewart because he genuinely cares about people and doesn't do bad stuff. Like scandals and stuff.
10. Send me a gif or image that explains how you feel today. 

Jacob Brim
1. A. The internet. Like Twitter and Facebook and stuff.
2. A. I guess KCCI. (much later in the conversation) No, wait ESPN. That's who I like in the news.
3. A. Lots of cream and sugar.
4. A. I reunited with my dog.
5. A. 9/11
6. A. You can't trust it.
7. A. Comedy Bang! Bang!, Sleepycast
8. A. Family Guy
9. A. Terry Bradshaw
10. 

Freda Irving
1. A. Morning shows and occasionally KCCI.
2. A. Morning shows and occasionally KCCI.
3. A. Doesn't drink coffee.
4. A. Hung out with my son.
5. A. Something with Reagan.
6. A. Cynicism. 
7. A. Doesn't listen to podcasts but she knows I do and told me to just plug one so I'll say "U Talking U2 To Me?"
8. A. Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
9. A. Jon Stewart

Barbara Irving 
1. Local news, subscription to the Des Moines Register.
2. Local news, subscription to the Des Moines Register.
3. Black
4. Went to the doctor and was healthy.
5. JFK assassination.
6. It's meant to rile people up.
7. Doesn't know what podcasts are.
8. The Voice
9. Al Roker

No comments:

Post a Comment